It’s like Bracken’s in my head. This is so my process as well.
My friend Charles Rutledge shared his writing process (he’s a pantser) on his Facebook page this morning and as a joke I drafted up my own. It was only when I was done with the joke that I realized none of it is made up. This is actually my process with no embellishments. Here you go. Drop that hack, King’s On Writing, and get ready for some deep knowledge!
Throes of Creation by Leonid Pasternak
- Get idea. Obsess.
- Write synopsis. Obsess.
- Start writing.
- Realize I don’t know a single damn thing about [military snipers/maritime sailing/porn production]. Despair.
- RESEARCH! Obsessobsessobsessobsess!
- Keep writing. I can fill in the technical details later.
- Obsess. Wake up. Make notes in Moleskine notebook at midnight. Lose sleep.
- Revise synopsis.
- Research. Get frustrated and rage quit research. It’s fiction for Christ’s sake! Feel guilt.
- Sneak research in form of television doco. Hope…
View original post 51 more words