So I bought a new copy of a popular Leisure title from a remainder store. It really pissed me off to see so many Leisure titles this way. These authors are never going to see their cut on these sales. So the copy I bought–brand-spanking new, mind you, I’m now trying to sell for around $30. Why the heck would I do this? Well, if/when it sells, I’m going to ship it out, collect my tidy profit, and then promptly forward it to the author via paypal. So, if the transaction clears $25 profit and I send the money to the author, it’s the equivalent of 60-70 book sales (estimate).
I think this is how to make the best of this crappy situation. The person who buys the overpriced obviously wants the book. The author gets some of the money they’ve been screwed out of. I’d like for other people to do this, too. And speak up when they do!
Newsletter Sign-up Form
Keep up to date on all my upcoming releases!
Click the following link:
- RT @rcalo: My friend is reasonably sure companies are selling his data https://t.co/QWrZD9vDCH 2 hours ago
- @CSNChicago has the worst camera angles for baseball games. So frustrating. @Cubs @realcubsinsider 13 hours ago
- RT @voiceofjoey: NEW ON AUDIBLE: Horror novella SIN by Patrick Reuman! audible.com/pd/Fiction/Sin… https://t.co/l414Z99C7O 16 hours ago
- RT @MNightShyamalan: My new film is the sequel to #Unbreakable AND #Split. It was always my dream to have both films collide in this third… 18 hours ago
- RT @MNightShyamalan: Universal Pictures will release #Glass on January 18, 2019 all over the world. How’s that for not keeping a secret! 18 hours ago