So I bought a new copy of a popular Leisure title from a remainder store. It really pissed me off to see so many Leisure titles this way. These authors are never going to see their cut on these sales. So the copy I bought–brand-spanking new, mind you, I’m now trying to sell for around $30. Why the heck would I do this? Well, if/when it sells, I’m going to ship it out, collect my tidy profit, and then promptly forward it to the author via paypal. So, if the transaction clears $25 profit and I send the money to the author, it’s the equivalent of 60-70 book sales (estimate).
I think this is how to make the best of this crappy situation. The person who buys the overpriced obviously wants the book. The author gets some of the money they’ve been screwed out of. I’d like for other people to do this, too. And speak up when they do!
Newsletter Sign-up Form
Keep up to date on all my upcoming releases!
Click the following link:
- RT @ConanOBrien: President Trump didn’t pardon the whole turkey, just the white meat. 6 hours ago
- Such a good read! twitter.com/newmanjam/stat… 12 hours ago
- RT @NHSMillion: Just two days to go until we find out how much this government values our NHS and it’s 1.3 million staff. If we can find… 17 hours ago
- There goes that damned bus again. twitter.com/BleacherNation… 17 hours ago
- 3 of 5 stars to A City of Blinding Light by Roger Dale Trexler goodreads.com/review/show/21… 17 hours ago