So I bought a new copy of a popular Leisure title from a remainder store. It really pissed me off to see so many Leisure titles this way. These authors are never going to see their cut on these sales. So the copy I bought–brand-spanking new, mind you, I’m now trying to sell for around $30. Why the heck would I do this? Well, if/when it sells, I’m going to ship it out, collect my tidy profit, and then promptly forward it to the author via paypal. So, if the transaction clears $25 profit and I send the money to the author, it’s the equivalent of 60-70 book sales (estimate).
I think this is how to make the best of this crappy situation. The person who buys the overpriced obviously wants the book. The author gets some of the money they’ve been screwed out of. I’d like for other people to do this, too. And speak up when they do!
Newsletter Sign-up Form
Keep up to date on all my upcoming releases!
Click the following link:
- RT @AwardsDarwin: Trust no one. https://t.co/yxmI8OkdET 12 hours ago
- Hey, Rich, what do you have against rocks? twitter.com/RichardChizmar… 12 hours ago
- RT @jason_blum: No thanks to you. You invite violence. And the police think you're a loser and a failure. twitter.com/realdonaldtrum… 13 hours ago
- RT @david_tanenhaus: My favorite Civil War era monuments are the 13th, 14th, and 15th Amendments. 21 hours ago
- RT @RichardChizmar: Very rare GWENDY Arc for one lucky winner -- all you have to do is Follow and RT to be eligible. I'll pick one winner n… 21 hours ago