So I bought a new copy of a popular Leisure title from a remainder store. It really pissed me off to see so many Leisure titles this way. These authors are never going to see their cut on these sales. So the copy I bought–brand-spanking new, mind you, I’m now trying to sell for around $30. Why the heck would I do this? Well, if/when it sells, I’m going to ship it out, collect my tidy profit, and then promptly forward it to the author via paypal. So, if the transaction clears $25 profit and I send the money to the author, it’s the equivalent of 60-70 book sales (estimate).
I think this is how to make the best of this crappy situation. The person who buys the overpriced obviously wants the book. The author gets some of the money they’ve been screwed out of. I’d like for other people to do this, too. And speak up when they do!
Newsletter Sign-up Form
Keep up to date on all my upcoming releases!
Click the following link:
- RT @ZombieManifesto: #NaomiWadler 11-year-old #ELEMENTARY #SCHOOL student more articulate, more real than #NRA's bought-and-paid-for politi… 9 hours ago
- RT @ChristophGolden: "And a child shall lead them..." #MarchForOurLives 9 hours ago
- RT @funder: NEW: John Bolton's Super PAC Got $5 Million From Cambridge Analytica's Robert Mercer. Cambridge Analytica was paid over $1.1 mi… 1 day ago
- I've been known to drive closer to semis to read the graffiti scrawled in the road dust on the back doors. I'll rea… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @krassenstein: Republicans who appear to support Trump with no questions asked; Matt Gaetz, Devin Nunes, Ron DeSantis, etc, there are o… 1 day ago