I recently finished reading my 1st book of the year, Chasing the Dead, by Joe Schreiber (he maintains a cool blog at http://scaryparent.blogspot.com/). This was a fun, quick read, full of thrills that whirled by at a heart-throttling pace (and indeed, at 250 pages, this one goes by in one or two sittings). I like books like these. It reminded me of a stripped down Koontz offering, if such a thing existed. Believable characters thrown into unbelievable circumstances. My favorite thrillers tend to be of the “everyman” subgenre. I want to read about average people, not police officers/detectives, CSI people, lawyers, etc, etc. If that kind of thriller appeals to you, pick up a copy of Schreiber’s Chasing the Dead.
Newsletter Sign-up Form
Keep up to date on all my upcoming releases!
Click the following link:
- @EdwardLorn Geez, what/who now? Or same old, same old? 8 hours ago
- RT @BrianKeene: For fans of J.F. Gonzalez -- his new official website jfgonzalez.org is now live. Please spread the word. 17 hours ago
- RT @johniadarola: If we spent every minute of @theyoungturks breaking down the healthcare bill we couldn't cover every way this fucks over… 1 day ago
- RT @SenWarren: I’ve read the Republican “health care” bill. This is blood money. They’re paying for tax cuts with American lives. https://t… 1 day ago
- Sounds like a good night to me. Enjoy! twitter.com/ThunderstormBk… 1 day ago