Finally completed a pass through the whole mss looking only for clunky usage of “of.”
You think this wouldn’t take too long, but my 111,600 manuscript had 5400 instances of “of.”
I didn’t change every sentence, but did the search and destroy mission to help streamline the mss. After the one pass, WDD stands at 109,583 words. Or, in other words, 2000 words cut. Not bad. I noticed that the mss was much worse at the beginning. I guess I improved while writing this draft. When I complete my list of search items, I’m hoping to be at 100k.
Newsletter Sign-up Form
Keep up to date on all my upcoming releases!
Click the following link:
- So, I'm hearing rumblings of another new Nightmare on Elm Street, and Robert Englund has chimed in that Kevin Bacon… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 hours ago
- LOL! Feels kinda good when someone who reads nothing but Amish fiction 1-stars one of my books. 8 hours ago
- @lay_jim @ron_clinton @HorrorPaperback @StClare513 @RealmsOfNight1 @bookmovieguy @Authorfan @HorriblePete @EdLaabes… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 hours ago
- @MikeH5856 This show... the best. 1 day ago
- Either these surrender-flag uniforms for the Cub are gone, or we riot. #cubs 1 day ago