Finally completed a pass through the whole mss looking only for clunky usage of “of.”
You think this wouldn’t take too long, but my 111,600 manuscript had 5400 instances of “of.”
I didn’t change every sentence, but did the search and destroy mission to help streamline the mss. After the one pass, WDD stands at 109,583 words. Or, in other words, 2000 words cut. Not bad. I noticed that the mss was much worse at the beginning. I guess I improved while writing this draft. When I complete my list of search items, I’m hoping to be at 100k.
Newsletter Sign-up Form
Keep up to date on all my upcoming releases!
Click the following link:
- RT @ConanOBrien: President Trump didn’t pardon the whole turkey, just the white meat. 6 hours ago
- Such a good read! twitter.com/newmanjam/stat… 12 hours ago
- RT @NHSMillion: Just two days to go until we find out how much this government values our NHS and it’s 1.3 million staff. If we can find… 17 hours ago
- There goes that damned bus again. twitter.com/BleacherNation… 17 hours ago
- 3 of 5 stars to A City of Blinding Light by Roger Dale Trexler goodreads.com/review/show/21… 17 hours ago