Finally completed a pass through the whole mss looking only for clunky usage of “of.”
You think this wouldn’t take too long, but my 111,600 manuscript had 5400 instances of “of.”
I didn’t change every sentence, but did the search and destroy mission to help streamline the mss. After the one pass, WDD stands at 109,583 words. Or, in other words, 2000 words cut. Not bad. I noticed that the mss was much worse at the beginning. I guess I improved while writing this draft. When I complete my list of search items, I’m hoping to be at 100k.
Newsletter Sign-up Form
Keep up to date on all my upcoming releases!
Click the following link:
- RT @rcalo: My friend is reasonably sure companies are selling his data https://t.co/QWrZD9vDCH 2 hours ago
- @CSNChicago has the worst camera angles for baseball games. So frustrating. @Cubs @realcubsinsider 13 hours ago
- RT @voiceofjoey: NEW ON AUDIBLE: Horror novella SIN by Patrick Reuman! audible.com/pd/Fiction/Sin… https://t.co/l414Z99C7O 16 hours ago
- RT @MNightShyamalan: My new film is the sequel to #Unbreakable AND #Split. It was always my dream to have both films collide in this third… 18 hours ago
- RT @MNightShyamalan: Universal Pictures will release #Glass on January 18, 2019 all over the world. How’s that for not keeping a secret! 18 hours ago