Finally completed a pass through the whole mss looking only for clunky usage of “of.”
You think this wouldn’t take too long, but my 111,600 manuscript had 5400 instances of “of.”
I didn’t change every sentence, but did the search and destroy mission to help streamline the mss. After the one pass, WDD stands at 109,583 words. Or, in other words, 2000 words cut. Not bad. I noticed that the mss was much worse at the beginning. I guess I improved while writing this draft. When I complete my list of search items, I’m hoping to be at 100k.
Newsletter Sign-up Form
Keep up to date on all my upcoming releases!
Click the following link:
- I used to think the years I worked in warehouses and stockrooms had been a waste of time. I just never realized how… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago
- Thanks for the shout out, Lou! twitter.com/LouPendergrast… 7 hours ago
- Will Romney primary Trump? 7 hours ago
- RT @HIGHzurrer: WGA TV WRITERS: I am in need of a writer who's available right now for some work on an animated sci-fi series. Experience i… 7 hours ago
- You can still buy a copy of the print edition for just $7.99 and receive a free copy of the ebook when it goes live… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 hours ago