Things I’m fed up with in my neighborhood:
1. swastikas scribbled on the playground equipment.
2. meth dealers busted two blocks from my house.
3. plywood used for repairs on the exterior of houses (which in turn, rots inside a year)
4. people who give me weird looks for using multi-syllable words
5. people who give me weird looks for working out instead of going to the bar.
6. the bar parking lots full at noon.
7. little girls prepping themselves to find a meal ticket, instead of striving to be their own meal ticket.
8. little boys prepping themselves for a thug lifestyle, instead of striving to be role models and providers.
9. disinterested parents
10. failing schools.
I’m sick of it. I can’t subject my kids to this as they get older. I can live with just about anything. I’m an adult. For the most part I make sound decisions. I can avoid the decay of my neighborhood, but I can’t let my kids grow up in that environment.