As a writer, honestly, no one knows me. I have a few small press short story sales. Big deal. Most of those stories were written years ago, in fact, they were sold years ago. I’ve been working for most of the last 3-4 years on novels. And getting an agent. And getting a publisher. My net results so far: one novel completed, one novel 90% in the can, no agent, no publisher. So that is why I’m now focusing my efforts on reaching the ethereal point of critical mass. The tiny, infintesimal focal point where a writer’s work, for some unknown reason(s), is good enough to see the light of day. To increase my odds of reaching critical mass, I’m trying to sway them in my favor. So thus, the plate spinning. I have my completed novel at a well-established, well-respected small press, eleven stories in the mail, and have another publisher taking a gander at the beginning of novel #2. As the stories come back, I throw them back to the wolves. I have markets already lined up; it’s just a matter of postage &/or email time. That may not sound very confident on my part, having markets ready before the story even comes back. But that is the life of a plate spinner. Can’t let one of those plates fall.
Newsletter Sign-up Form
Keep up to date on all my upcoming releases!
Click the following link:
- RT @ZombieManifesto: #NaomiWadler 11-year-old #ELEMENTARY #SCHOOL student more articulate, more real than #NRA's bought-and-paid-for politi… 7 hours ago
- RT @ChristophGolden: "And a child shall lead them..." #MarchForOurLives 7 hours ago
- RT @funder: NEW: John Bolton's Super PAC Got $5 Million From Cambridge Analytica's Robert Mercer. Cambridge Analytica was paid over $1.1 mi… 1 day ago
- I've been known to drive closer to semis to read the graffiti scrawled in the road dust on the back doors. I'll rea… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @krassenstein: Republicans who appear to support Trump with no questions asked; Matt Gaetz, Devin Nunes, Ron DeSantis, etc, there are o… 1 day ago